Sunday, May 10, 2009

that wedding i went to pt 3

   Everyone was silent as the presiding priest spoke blessings for the marriage. After the words I do’ were preached, the wedding reception started. The newly wedded stepped to the dance floor and a live band started playing a song called ‘Dance Dance’ popularized by FOB. Funnily, the two started jitterbugging to such a rocking song. As the song ended, the guests were given a chance to dance. Everyone stood up and partied as the band played numbers from FOB and Blink 182. I could not help but headbang and sing to the loud music. Then, I heard my mom say,” Hakim, let’s get some food”. Getting to the buffet table was quite a challenge as many up dancing like there was no tomorrow. There was a variety of food to choose from. Some guestsonly took a small portion of food while others took a bit of everything.I, as a muslim the picked food in moderation.